India's TCS surges after April-June earnings beat estimates
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, India's largest software services exporter, surged 3.5 percent in pre-open trading on Friday, a day after posting April-June earnings that beat estimates and maintaining an upbeat outlook.
TCS said consolidated net profit for the quarter ended June 30 rose to 38.31 billion Indian rupees ($642.73 million) from 32.8 billion rupees a year earlier. That topped the 37.8 billion rupees average of 24 analyst estimates, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt