India's TCS surges after April-June earnings beat estimates
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, India's largest software services exporter, surged 3.5 percent in pre-open trading on Friday, a day after posting April-June earnings that beat estimates and maintaining an upbeat outlook.
TCS said consolidated net profit for the quarter ended June 30 rose to 38.31 billion Indian rupees ($642.73 million) from 32.8 billion rupees a year earlier. That topped the 37.8 billion rupees average of 24 analyst estimates, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Man arrested for suspected suicide plot to blow up Kansas airport |
- Hawaii official who released Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow