India's TCS surges after April-June earnings beat estimates
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, India's largest software services exporter, surged 3.5 percent in pre-open trading on Friday, a day after posting April-June earnings that beat estimates and maintaining an upbeat outlook.
TCS said consolidated net profit for the quarter ended June 30 rose to 38.31 billion Indian rupees ($642.73 million) from 32.8 billion rupees a year earlier. That topped the 37.8 billion rupees average of 24 analyst estimates, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade