Michigan appeals state judge's order to stop Detroit bankruptcy
DETROIT, July 19
DETROIT, July 19 (Reuters) - Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette on Friday appealed a state judge's declaratory judgment that the bankruptcy petition Detroit's emergency manager filed in federal court Thursday should be withdrawn.
The appeal of Ingham County Circuit Court Judge Rosemarie Aquilina's Friday order was made in the Michigan Court of Appeals on behalf of Governor Rick Snyder, according to a statement from Schuette's office. Additional motions seeking emergency consideration were expected to be filed later on Friday, the statement added.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ