Michigan appeals state judge's order to stop Detroit bankruptcy
DETROIT, July 19
DETROIT, July 19 (Reuters) - Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette on Friday appealed a state judge's declaratory judgment that the bankruptcy petition Detroit's emergency manager filed in federal court Thursday should be withdrawn.
The appeal of Ingham County Circuit Court Judge Rosemarie Aquilina's Friday order was made in the Michigan Court of Appeals on behalf of Governor Rick Snyder, according to a statement from Schuette's office. Additional motions seeking emergency consideration were expected to be filed later on Friday, the statement added.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |