Michigan appeals state judge's order to stop Detroit bankruptcy
DETROIT, July 19
DETROIT, July 19 (Reuters) - Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette on Friday appealed a state judge's declaratory judgment that the bankruptcy petition Detroit's emergency manager filed in federal court Thursday should be withdrawn.
The appeal of Ingham County Circuit Court Judge Rosemarie Aquilina's Friday order was made in the Michigan Court of Appeals on behalf of Governor Rick Snyder, according to a statement from Schuette's office. Additional motions seeking emergency consideration were expected to be filed later on Friday, the statement added.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image