HRT Participações declares second well dry off Namibia
BRASILIA, July 19
BRASILIA, July 19 (Reuters) - HRT Participações SA said on Friday that the second well drilled by its subsidiary HRT Walvis Petroleum off the coast of Namibia is dry.
The Rio de Janeiro-based company said drilling was stopped on well Murombe-1 after no oil was found. The company's first well in Namibia was declared non-commercial in May.
The Brazilian oil producer has faced repeated setbacks in its exploration efforts in Brazil's Solimões Basin and in Namibia, driving down its shares by 58 percent this year alone. It had been hoping to make a large discovery in the waters off Namibia.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- UPDATE 1-China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |