Turkey's Bank Asya applies for sukuk issue of up to 1 bln lira
ISTANBUL, July 22
ISTANBUL, July 22 (Reuters) - Turkish Islamic lender Bank Asya said on Monday it had applied to the Capital Markets Board to issue sukuk, or Islamic bonds, worth up to 1 billion lira ($520 million).
The bank said in a statement to the Istanbul stock exchange it had mandated its brokerage arm for the issue.
($1 = 1.9181 Turkish liras) (Reporting by Ebru Tuncay; Writing by Nick Tattersall)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |
- U.S. regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule