Google picks up 6.3 pct stake in Himax's display unit
July 22 (Reuters) - Taiwanese chipmaker Himax Technologies Inc said Google Inc will take a 6.3 percent stake in one of its units with an option to increase the stake to about 15 percent.
Himax said the investment in Himax Display Inc will help it fund the production of silicon chips and modules used in devices such as Google Glass.
With this investment, Google will join Intel's Intel Capital Corp as a core shareholder of the chipmaker.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |