Google picks up 6.3 pct stake in Himax's display unit
July 22 (Reuters) - Taiwanese chipmaker Himax Technologies Inc said Google Inc will take a 6.3 percent stake in one of its units with an option to increase the stake to about 15 percent.
Himax said the investment in Himax Display Inc will help it fund the production of silicon chips and modules used in devices such as Google Glass.
With this investment, Google will join Intel's Intel Capital Corp as a core shareholder of the chipmaker.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls