REFILE-Intact Financial expects train crash, storms to cost C$134 mln in Q3
July 22 (Reuters) - Canadian property and casualty insurer Intact Financial Corp said a train crash in Lac-Mégantic, Quebec, and hail storms in July will cost it C$134 million ($129 million) in its third-quarter results.
The impact on third quarter results, net of reinsurance, will be C$1.01 per share after tax, the company said on Monday.
In addition, the company said in the second quarter it would record an after-tax catastrophe loss of C$123 million, or 92 Canadian cents per share, related to flooding in Alberta.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image