Kimberly-Clark posts higher quarterly profit
July 22 (Reuters) - Kimberly-Clark Corp, best known for Kleenex tissues, posted a higher quarterly profit on Monday, as cost savings helped offset the impact of foreign exchange and a higher tax rate.
Kimberly-Clark earned $526 million, or $1.36 per share, in the second quarter, up from $498 million, or $1.26 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, earnings were $1.41 per share. Sales were roughly flat at $5.27 billion.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote