Kimberly-Clark posts higher quarterly profit
July 22 (Reuters) - Kimberly-Clark Corp, best known for Kleenex tissues, posted a higher quarterly profit on Monday, as cost savings helped offset the impact of foreign exchange and a higher tax rate.
Kimberly-Clark earned $526 million, or $1.36 per share, in the second quarter, up from $498 million, or $1.26 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, earnings were $1.41 per share. Sales were roughly flat at $5.27 billion.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |