Kimberly-Clark posts higher quarterly profit
July 22 (Reuters) - Kimberly-Clark Corp, best known for Kleenex tissues, posted a higher quarterly profit on Monday, as cost savings helped offset the impact of foreign exchange and a higher tax rate.
Kimberly-Clark earned $526 million, or $1.36 per share, in the second quarter, up from $498 million, or $1.26 per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, earnings were $1.41 per share. Sales were roughly flat at $5.27 billion.
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general |
- Branson to meet Virgin Galactic space team after crash |
- UK says will pay off part of World War One-era debt next year
- Kurdish peshmerga forces enter Syria's Kobani after further air strikes |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California