San Miguel says willing to sell more Meralco shares to Metro Pacific group
MANILA, July 22
MANILA, July 22 (Reuters) - Philippine conglomerate San Miguel Corp is willing to sell more shares in Manila Electric Co (Meralco) to the Metro Pacific group, San Miguel President Ramon Ang said on Monday.
"Yes," he told Reuters when asked if San Miguel would offer more of its Meralco shares to Metro Pacific, a unit of which bought last week an additional 10 million shares in Meralco from San Miguel worth $62 million.
Ang, however, said he was not aware that the Metro Pacific group was looking to buy an additional 5 percent stake in Meralco as reported by a local newspaper. To view the report, click on (link.reuters.com/myq79t). (Reporting by Rosemarie Francisco)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief