Mandela's health showing 'sustained improvement': government
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Former South African President Nelson Mandela is showing "sustained improvement" in hospital although he remains in a critical condition, the government said on Monday.
The government statement said President Jacob Zuma had visited the 95-year-old Mandela in the Pretoria hospital where he has been for the last seven weeks receiving treatment for a recurring lung infection.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel