Mandela's health showing 'sustained improvement': government
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Former South African President Nelson Mandela is showing "sustained improvement" in hospital although he remains in a critical condition, the government said on Monday.
The government statement said President Jacob Zuma had visited the 95-year-old Mandela in the Pretoria hospital where he has been for the last seven weeks receiving treatment for a recurring lung infection.
- Divers search for hundreds missing after Korean ferry accident |
- Survivors still alive on South Korean ferry: father |
- Putin risks upstaging talks on defusing Ukraine crisis |
- Three dead in east Ukraine, Putin warns of 'abyss' |
- Search for Malaysia Airlines jet refocuses on drone scans of seafloor |