Yahoo to buy back 40 mln shares from Third Point
July 22 (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc said on Monday that it had agreed to buy 40 million shares of its stock owned by Third Point LLC for $29.11 a share and that three directors nominated by Third Point have submitted their resignations.
After the transaction, Third Point would own about 20 million shares, or less than 2 percent of the Internet company's common stock. Yahoo's shares closed at $29.11 on Friday.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |