AK Steel posts smaller loss but shipments fall
July 23 (Reuters) - AK Steel Holding Corp reported a smaller second-quarter loss, but shipments fell due to an outage at its Middletown blast furnace in Ohio and lower deliveries to the carbon spot and electrical steel markets.
The steelmaker's net loss narrowed to $40.4 million, or 30 cents per share, from $724.2 million, or $6.55 per share, a year earlier.
The year-ago quarter included a non-cash income tax charge of $6.65 per share. Net sales fell 9 percent to $1.40 billion.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- CEOs of biggest Russian firms could be hit by sanctions: paper |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |