AK Steel posts smaller loss but shipments fall
July 23 (Reuters) - AK Steel Holding Corp reported a smaller second-quarter loss, but shipments fell due to an outage at its Middletown blast furnace in Ohio and lower deliveries to the carbon spot and electrical steel markets.
The steelmaker's net loss narrowed to $40.4 million, or 30 cents per share, from $724.2 million, or $6.55 per share, a year earlier.
The year-ago quarter included a non-cash income tax charge of $6.65 per share. Net sales fell 9 percent to $1.40 billion.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted