Ford to boost white-collar hiring this year to 3,000
DETROIT, July 23
DETROIT, July 23 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co will hire 3,000 salaried workers this year, mostly in Michigan, the company said Tuesday.
The figure represents 800 more workers than previously announced.
Ford said 80 percent of the new employees will be technical professionals with "new skills."
Ford said it also plans to increase hourly employment by 12,000 by 2015.
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters |
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- EBay follows Icahn's advice, plans PayPal spinoff in 2015 |