Ford to boost white-collar hiring this year to 3,000
DETROIT, July 23
DETROIT, July 23 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co will hire 3,000 salaried workers this year, mostly in Michigan, the company said Tuesday.
The figure represents 800 more workers than previously announced.
Ford said 80 percent of the new employees will be technical professionals with "new skills."
Ford said it also plans to increase hourly employment by 12,000 by 2015.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea