Ford to boost white-collar hiring this year to 3,000
DETROIT, July 23
DETROIT, July 23 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co will hire 3,000 salaried workers this year, mostly in Michigan, the company said Tuesday.
The figure represents 800 more workers than previously announced.
Ford said 80 percent of the new employees will be technical professionals with "new skills."
Ford said it also plans to increase hourly employment by 12,000 by 2015.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- U.S. House panel votes to authorize lawsuit against Obama
- Lawyers call for outside probe of 'bungled' Arizona execution |