Discover Financial profit rises 15 pct on higher net interest income
July 23 (Reuters) - Credit card company Discover Financial Services reported a 15 percent rise in quarterly profit as loan growth and lower interest expense boosted net interest income.
Net profit rose to $602 million, or $1.20 per share, in the second quarter, from $525 million, or 99 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue, net of interest expense, rose 9 percent to $2.04 billion.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- JPMorgan warns 465,000 card users on data loss after cyber attack