Discover Financial profit rises 15 pct on higher net interest income
July 23 (Reuters) - Credit card company Discover Financial Services reported a 15 percent rise in quarterly profit as loan growth and lower interest expense boosted net interest income.
Net profit rose to $602 million, or $1.20 per share, in the second quarter, from $525 million, or 99 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue, net of interest expense, rose 9 percent to $2.04 billion.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |