Discover Financial profit rises 15 pct on higher net interest income
July 23 (Reuters) - Credit card company Discover Financial Services reported a 15 percent rise in quarterly profit as loan growth and lower interest expense boosted net interest income.
Net profit rose to $602 million, or $1.20 per share, in the second quarter, from $525 million, or 99 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue, net of interest expense, rose 9 percent to $2.04 billion.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas