Discover Financial profit rises 15 pct on higher net interest income
July 23 (Reuters) - Credit card company Discover Financial Services reported a 15 percent rise in quarterly profit as loan growth and lower interest expense boosted net interest income.
Net profit rose to $602 million, or $1.20 per share, in the second quarter, from $525 million, or 99 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue, net of interest expense, rose 9 percent to $2.04 billion.
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- U.S. health experts in Dallas review potential Ebola exposure |
- Defiant Hong Kong protesters demand leader steps down |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border