Goldman Sachs rebuts criticism of metals warehousing unit
NEW YORK, July 23
NEW YORK, July 23 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc has issued its first public rebuttal of mounting criticism of its metals warehousing unit, denying that Metro International Trade Services has deliberately caused aluminum shortages and inflated prices.
In a statement on Tuesday, the bank said Metro denied that its metals warehousing unit has moved aluminum from warehouse to warehouse in order to earn more rent.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients