Goldman Sachs rebuts criticism of metals warehousing unit
NEW YORK, July 23
NEW YORK, July 23 (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc has issued its first public rebuttal of mounting criticism of its metals warehousing unit, denying that Metro International Trade Services has deliberately caused aluminum shortages and inflated prices.
In a statement on Tuesday, the bank said Metro denied that its metals warehousing unit has moved aluminum from warehouse to warehouse in order to earn more rent.
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |