Davis + Henderson to buy Harland Financial for $1.2 billion
TORONTO, July 23
TORONTO, July 23 (Reuters) - Davis + Henderson Corp, a Canadian financial services provider, said on Tuesday it has agreed to acquire U.S. rival Harland Financial Solutions for about $1.2 billion in cash from Harland Clarke Holdings Corp .
The deal will broaden D+H's offerings for online and mobile banking, branch automation and commercial lending, said the Toronto-based company which tailors technology to the needs of credit unions, community banks and other financial institutions.
HFS has about 5,400 U.S. bank and credit union clients.
The deal will significantly boost D+H's exposure to the U.S. market. It is expected to close next month, subject to regulatory approvals.
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- South Korea investigates capsized ferry crew as rescue hampered by tides |
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Nobel winner Garcia Marquez, master of magical realism, dies at 87 |