Davis + Henderson to buy Harland Financial for $1.2 billion
TORONTO, July 23
TORONTO, July 23 (Reuters) - Davis + Henderson Corp, a Canadian financial services provider, said on Tuesday it has agreed to acquire U.S. rival Harland Financial Solutions for about $1.2 billion in cash from Harland Clarke Holdings Corp .
The deal will broaden D+H's offerings for online and mobile banking, branch automation and commercial lending, said the Toronto-based company which tailors technology to the needs of credit unions, community banks and other financial institutions.
HFS has about 5,400 U.S. bank and credit union clients.
The deal will significantly boost D+H's exposure to the U.S. market. It is expected to close next month, subject to regulatory approvals.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Vote delayed on loan guarantee for World Trade Center developer
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- Apple expands buybacks by $30 billion, OKs seven-for-one stock split