CORRECTED-Juniper reports higher quarterly profit
(Corrects paragraph 2 to say revenue rose 7 percent, not 9 percent, from a year earlier)
July 23 (Reuters) - Network gear maker Juniper Networks Inc reported a 70 percent rise in quarterly profit as spending by telecom service providers recovered from a lull last year.
Net income rose to $98 million, or 19 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $57.7 million, or 11 cents per share, a year earlier. Revenue rose 7 percent to $1.15 billion.
Excluding items, the company earned 29 cents per share.
Juniper supplies routers and switches to telecom companies such as Verizon Communications Inc and AT&T Inc. (Reporting by Neha Alawadhi in Bangalore; Editing by Ted Kerr)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'