UPDATE 1-Death toll in Mexico explosion rises to five -Ternium
MONTERREY, Mexico, July 23 (Reuters) - The death toll from Monday's explosion at Italian-Argentine steelmaker Ternium's Guerrero plant in northern Mexico has risen to five, the company said on Tuesday.
Five men, aged 19 to 50, died at the steel mill and another nine were injured, the Luxembourg-based company said.
The cause of the blast, which occurred during routine maintenance, was being investigated, the firm said.
The company said it did not expect shipments to be seriously affected.
Ternium controls Brazilian steelmaker Usinas Siderúrgicas de Minas Gerais SA.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot: report
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters march after fruitless talks with government
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on