UPDATE 1-Death toll in Mexico explosion rises to five -Ternium
MONTERREY, Mexico, July 23 (Reuters) - The death toll from Monday's explosion at Italian-Argentine steelmaker Ternium's Guerrero plant in northern Mexico has risen to five, the company said on Tuesday.
Five men, aged 19 to 50, died at the steel mill and another nine were injured, the Luxembourg-based company said.
The cause of the blast, which occurred during routine maintenance, was being investigated, the firm said.
The company said it did not expect shipments to be seriously affected.
Ternium controls Brazilian steelmaker Usinas Siderúrgicas de Minas Gerais SA.
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- EU agrees first broad sanctions on Russia; U.S. expected to follow
- Obama wrote Putin about violation of nuclear treaty -White House