UPDATE 1-Death toll in Mexico explosion rises to five -Ternium
MONTERREY, Mexico, July 23 (Reuters) - The death toll from Monday's explosion at Italian-Argentine steelmaker Ternium's Guerrero plant in northern Mexico has risen to five, the company said on Tuesday.
Five men, aged 19 to 50, died at the steel mill and another nine were injured, the Luxembourg-based company said.
The cause of the blast, which occurred during routine maintenance, was being investigated, the firm said.
The company said it did not expect shipments to be seriously affected.
Ternium controls Brazilian steelmaker Usinas Siderúrgicas de Minas Gerais SA.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |