Telenor Q2 operating results better than expected
OSLO, July 23
OSLO, July 23 (Reuters) - Norwegian telecoms group Telenor reported second quarter earnings slightly ahead of expectations on Tuesday, maintained its full-year guidance and launched a new share buyback programme.
Telenor's second-quarter earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) rose 9.8 percent to 8.86 billion Norwegian crowns ($1.50 billion), coming slightly ahead of analysts' expectation for 8.77 billion crowns.
It added that it continued to see annual organic revenue growth of 2 to 4 percent and an EBITDA margin of 34 percent for the full year. ($1 = 5.9264 Norwegian crowns) (Reporting by Balazs Koranyi)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |