Ford to boost white-collar hiring this year to 3,000
DETROIT (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (F.N) will hire 3,000 salaried workers this year, mostly in Michigan, the company said Tuesday.
The figure represents 800 more workers than previously announced.
Ford said 80 percent of the new employees will be technical professionals with "new skills."
Ford said it also plans to increase hourly employment by 12,000 by 2015.
(Reporting by Paul Lienert in Detroit; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks