Ford to boost white-collar hiring this year to 3,000
DETROIT (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co (F.N) will hire 3,000 salaried workers this year, mostly in Michigan, the company said Tuesday.
The figure represents 800 more workers than previously announced.
Ford said 80 percent of the new employees will be technical professionals with "new skills."
Ford said it also plans to increase hourly employment by 12,000 by 2015.
(Reporting by Paul Lienert in Detroit; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia