Wendy's posts profit, to sell 425 restaurants
(Reuters) - Wendy's Co (WEN.O), the second-largest U.S. hamburger chain, reported a quarterly profit on Tuesday and announced a plan to sell about 425 restaurants by mid-2014.
Second-quarter net income came to $12.2 million, or 3 cents per share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $5.5 million, or 1 cent per share.
Excluding debt retirement costs and other one-time expenses, earnings rose to 8 cents per share from 5 cents.
(Reporting by Atossa Araxia Abrahamian; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media