Wendy's posts profit, to sell 425 restaurants
(Reuters) - Wendy's Co (WEN.O), the second-largest U.S. hamburger chain, reported a quarterly profit on Tuesday and announced a plan to sell about 425 restaurants by mid-2014.
Second-quarter net income came to $12.2 million, or 3 cents per share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $5.5 million, or 1 cent per share.
Excluding debt retirement costs and other one-time expenses, earnings rose to 8 cents per share from 5 cents.
(Reporting by Atossa Araxia Abrahamian; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes