Agnico-Eagle reports loss, reviews business amid weak gold price
TORONTO, July 24
TORONTO, July 24 (Reuters) - Gold miner Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd reported a net loss on Wednesday, hurt in part by a maintenance shutdown, and said it is "reviewing all aspects" of its business in light of the recent drop in gold prices.
Agnico's net loss for the second quarter was $24.4 million, or 14 cents a share, compared with net income of $43.3 million, or 25 cents, a year earlier.
Revenue fell to $336.4 million from $459.6 million.
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- U.S. diplomat travels to West Africa as Ebola quarantine moves take hold |
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Ukraine votes in poll likely to strengthen president's hand |