Higher internet traffic boosts Akamai's results
July 24 (Reuters) - Akamai Technologies Inc, which helps accelerate and improve content delivery over the Internet, reported a 14 percent rise in quarterly revenue as more customers used the company's services to manage a surge in data traffic.
Net income rose to $61.9 million, or 34 cents per share, in the second quarter, from $44.2 million, or 24 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose to $378.1 million.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order