Chicago City Council approves $500 million Wrigley Field revamp
CHICAGO, July 24
CHICAGO, July 24 (Reuters) - The Chicago City Council on Wednesday approved a $500 million proposed renovation of Wrigley Field, the historic home of the Chicago Cubs Major League Baseball team.
The privately financed proposal for the 99-year-old ball park includes a $300 million renovation of the park itself and $200 million for improvements outside the park, including a hotel.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |