British Land invests 512 mln stg as confidence picks up
LONDON, July 23
LONDON, July 23 (Reuters) - British Land invested 512 million pounds ($787 million) on property acquisitions since the start of April against the backdrop of the UK's tentative economic recovery, the country's second largest listed developer said on Wednesday.
In March, it raised almost 1 billion pounds for new investments via a share placement and sale of an office block and deals since include a 470 million-pound office complex in west London.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- Investigators look overseas for hackers in Target case: source
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter