CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as Encana helps drive gains
TORONTO, July 24 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Wednesday, boosted by gains in Encana Corp after the energy company reported quarterly results, offsetting a decline in gold miners. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 17.32 points, or 0.14 percent, at 12,762.70 shortly after the open.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |