CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as Encana helps drive gains
TORONTO, July 24 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened higher on Wednesday, boosted by gains in Encana Corp after the energy company reported quarterly results, offsetting a decline in gold miners. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 17.32 points, or 0.14 percent, at 12,762.70 shortly after the open.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |