Praxair profit rises on Asia gas sales
July 24 (Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Praxair Inc reported a higher profit for the second quarter as expansion in Asia helped boost sales and offset weak demand from Europe.
Profit rose to $445 million, or $1.49 per share, for the quarter ended June 30, from $429 million, or $1.42 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 7.1 percent to $3.01 billion.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image