T. Rowe Price closes nine investor centers, keeps six open
July 24 (Reuters) - T. Rowe Price Group Inc closed nine of 15 investor centers at the end of May and will rely more on serving retail customers via phone and online services, executives said.
"Dealing with our clients over the Internet and phone has caught up to dealing with them face-to-face," said James Kennedy, chief executive of the Baltimore asset manager, in a telephone interview on Wednesday.
Kennedy spoke in connection with financial results that T. Rowe Price released for the three months ended June 30.
- Ukraine forces kill up to five rebels, Russia starts drill near border |
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together |
- Apple's China success sets stage for iPhone 6, new products
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 billion in latest consolidation