Immofinanz delays Buwog IPO because of weak market
VIENNA (Reuters) - Austrian property group Immofinanz (IMFI.VI) is unlikely to list its residential property unit Buwog as planned this year because of a weak market environment, a company spokeswoman said.
"We are now looking at 2014," she said, confirming remarks made by Immofinanz Chief Executive Eduard Zehetner to Bloomberg in an interview.
Immofinanz had planned a Frankfurt IPO for Buwog this year and hoped to raise up to 750 million euros ($991 million) from the sale of just over half of the unit.
The company, which also owns property in central and eastern Europe, has been beefing up its German housing portfolio in preparation for the move.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials