Praxair profit rises on Asia gas sales
(Reuters) - Industrial gas supplier Praxair Inc (PX.N) reported a higher profit for the second quarter as expansion in Asia helped boost sales and offset weak demand from Europe.
Profit rose to $445 million, or $1.49 per share, for the quarter ended June 30, from $429 million, or $1.42 per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose 7.1 percent to $3.01 billion.
(Reporting By Vijay Vishwas in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon