Japan files WTO dispute against Russia over car import levy
GENEVA, July 24
GENEVA, July 24 (Reuters) - Japan has filed a trade dispute against Russia over a fee it levies on car imports, the World Trade Organization (WTO) said on Wednesday, following a similar move by the European Union.
"Japan has notified the WTO Secretariat, on July 24, of a request for consultations with the Russian Federation on measures imposed by Russia relating to a charge, the so-called "recycling fee", imposed on motor vehicles," the WTO said in an emailed statement.
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data