3M profit rises, buoyed by broad sales increases
July 25 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer 3M Co posted a slightly higher quarterly profit on Thursday, helped by revenue increases across most of its business lines.
The company, whose products include Post-it notes and film for flat-panel televisions, said second-quarter net income rose to $1.2 billion, or $1.71 per share, from $1.17 billion, or $1.66 per share a year ago.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Seventh person dies after New York blast, building collapse: police
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ