3M profit rises, buoyed by broad sales increases
July 25 (Reuters) - Diversified U.S. manufacturer 3M Co posted a slightly higher quarterly profit on Thursday, helped by revenue increases across most of its business lines.
The company, whose products include Post-it notes and film for flat-panel televisions, said second-quarter net income rose to $1.2 billion, or $1.71 per share, from $1.17 billion, or $1.66 per share a year ago.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |