REFILE-Boston Scientific reports second-quarter profit as revenue dips
July 25 (Reuters) - Boston Scientific Corp on Thursday reported a second-quarter profit, reversing a year-earlier loss, and said sales in its medical surgical device business had risen.
The medical equipment maker posted net income of $130 million, or 10 cents a share, compared with a year-earlier loss of $3.6 billion, or $2.51 a share.
Boston Scientific said revenue had fallen 1 percent to $1.81 billion. Analysts on average had expected a decline to $1.78 billion, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- World leaders, South Africans say rainy, raucous farewell to Mandela |
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher