Canon shares slide 7 pct after it cuts profit outlook
TOKYO, July 25
TOKYO, July 25 (Reuters) - Shares in Canon Inc fell 7 percent to a three-week low on Thursday after the world's largest digital camera maker cut its operating profit forecast for the year by 16 percent, citing a slowdown in China and other emerging economies.
Canon shares fell as low as 3,190 yen.
Rival Nikon Corp also sagged more than 5 percent to 2,152 yen. (Reporting by Dominic Lau; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea