Brazil's Embraer posts unexpected net loss in second quarter
SAO PAULO, July 25
SAO PAULO, July 25 (Reuters) - Brazil's Embraer SA , the world's third-largest commercial planemaker, posted a second-quarter net loss of 10 million reais ($4.5 million), down from a profit of 62 million reais a year earlier, according to a Thursday securities filing.
The result missed an average estimate of an $88 million profit in a Reuters survey of seven analysts. Analysts gave their estimates in dollars, but Embraer's initial earnings report was in Brazilian reais.
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources