Brazil's Embraer posts unexpected net loss in second quarter
SAO PAULO, July 25
SAO PAULO, July 25 (Reuters) - Brazil's Embraer SA , the world's third-largest commercial planemaker, posted a second-quarter net loss of 10 million reais ($4.5 million), down from a profit of 62 million reais a year earlier, according to a Thursday securities filing.
The result missed an average estimate of an $88 million profit in a Reuters survey of seven analysts. Analysts gave their estimates in dollars, but Embraer's initial earnings report was in Brazilian reais.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief