German business morale rises for third month in July
BERLIN, July 25
BERLIN, July 25 (Reuters) - German business morale rose slightly more than expected in July, edging up for a third straight month in a sign Europe's largest economy is gaining traction after a weak start to the year.
The Ifo think tank said its business climate index, based on a monthly survey of some 7,000 firms, rose to 106.2 in July from 105.9 in June.
The reading came in just above the consensus forecast in a Reuters poll of 40 economists for a rise to 106.1.
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media