German business morale rises for third month in July
BERLIN, July 25
BERLIN, July 25 (Reuters) - German business morale rose slightly more than expected in July, edging up for a third straight month in a sign Europe's largest economy is gaining traction after a weak start to the year.
The Ifo think tank said its business climate index, based on a monthly survey of some 7,000 firms, rose to 106.2 in July from 105.9 in June.
The reading came in just above the consensus forecast in a Reuters poll of 40 economists for a rise to 106.1.
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- U.S. diplomat travels to West Africa as Ebola quarantine moves take hold |
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Ukraine votes in poll likely to strengthen president's hand |