MARKET EYE-Indian shares flat; Ambuja Cements, ACC slump
* The BSE index edges down 0.04 percent and the NSE index inches down 0.11 percent. * Ambuja Cements Ltd slumps 12.5 percent after Holcim Ltd said on Wednesday that it would raise stake in the company in a restructuring of its operations in India. Shares in ACC Ltd fall 4 percent. * Hindustan Unilever Ltd falls 1 percent on profit-taking a day ahead of its June-quarter earnings, after touching an all-time high of 725 rupees on Wednesday. * Asian stocks retreated from seven-week highs on Thursday as Wall Street buckled under profit-taking pressure, while upbeat U.S. economic news helped the dollar snap a three-day slide. * Foreign institutional investors sold 4.04 billion rupees of cash shares on Wednesday, exchange data shows. (firstname.lastname@example.org /; email@example.com)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote