India's ITC Q1 net profit up 18 pct, in line with forecast
MUMBAI, July 25
MUMBAI, July 25 (Reuters) - India's largest cigarette maker, ITC Ltd, posted an 18 percent jump in quarterly net profit on Thursday, in line with market expectations.
ITC, India's third most valuable company , said its net profit rose to 18.9 billion rupees ($319.9 million) for the quarter ended June 30, up from 16 billion rupees a year earlier.
Analysts had expected an 18 percent rise in earnings to 18.9 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Nandita Bose; Editing by Himani Sarkar)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic