India's ITC Q1 net profit up 18 pct, in line with forecast
MUMBAI, July 25
MUMBAI, July 25 (Reuters) - India's largest cigarette maker, ITC Ltd, posted an 18 percent jump in quarterly net profit on Thursday, in line with market expectations.
ITC, India's third most valuable company , said its net profit rose to 18.9 billion rupees ($319.9 million) for the quarter ended June 30, up from 16 billion rupees a year earlier.
Analysts had expected an 18 percent rise in earnings to 18.9 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Nandita Bose; Editing by Himani Sarkar)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |