India's ITC Q1 net profit up 18 pct, in line with forecast
MUMBAI, July 25
MUMBAI, July 25 (Reuters) - India's largest cigarette maker, ITC Ltd, posted an 18 percent jump in quarterly net profit on Thursday, in line with market expectations.
ITC, India's third most valuable company , said its net profit rose to 18.9 billion rupees ($319.9 million) for the quarter ended June 30, up from 16 billion rupees a year earlier.
Analysts had expected an 18 percent rise in earnings to 18.9 billion rupees, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S. (Reporting by Nandita Bose; Editing by Himani Sarkar)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics