Legg Mason says sold Private Capital Management unit
July 25 (Reuters) - Legg Mason Inc Chief Executive Joseph Sullivan said the Baltimore asset manager has sold its Private Capital Management equity investment unit to its management team.
Speaking on a conference all in connection with Legg Mason's earnings on Thursday, Sullivan said the company expects to take a $3 million charge in connection with the sale.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt |