Spanish insurer Mapfre posts H1 profit up 5 pct
MADRID, July 25
MADRID, July 25 (Reuters) - Spanish insurer Mapfre on Thursday posted a 5 percent rise in net profit in the first half of the year to 456 million euros ($604 million), bouyed by its overseas businesses such as Latin America.
Mapfre said revenues had also risen 5 percent to 13.7 billion euros compared to the same period a year ago, as premium income grew.
Mapfre has said it expects to finish 2013 with more than 26 billion euros in revenues, up from just over 25.3 billion euros in 2012. ($1 = 0.7555 euros) (Reporting by Sarah White, Editing by Paul Day)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data