Nikkei falls as earnings disappoint market; Canon sags
TOKYO, July 25 (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average fell for a second day on Thursday in volatile trade, as investors were disappointed with company results such as for blue-chip Canon Inc, which tumbled after slashing its profit outlook. The benchmark Nikkei fell 1.1 percent to 14,562.93, after rising as high as 14,748.77 at the open. The broader Topix dropped 1.4 percent to 1,202.32.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- China's airspace zone has caused apprehension: Biden |
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'