Mexican restaurant operator Alsea reports higher 2nd-qtr profit
MEXICO CITY, July 25
MEXICO CITY, July 25 (Reuters) - Mexican restaurant operator Alsea, which runs Domino's Pizza, PF Chang's and Burger King in Mexico, said on Thursday second-quarter profit rose 18.5 percent, helped by higher sales thanks to more openings of cafes and restaurants.
The company, which also operates the Starbucks coffee chain in Mexico, Chile and Argentina, reported a quarterly profit of 157.4 million pesos ($12.13 million), compared with 132.9 million pesos in the year-earlier period.
Alsea said revenue rose 11.5 percent to 3.82 billion pesos.
Alsea said it opened 405 units in the last year across Latin America.
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed: Algerian official
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- At least 15 dead in Israeli shelling of Gaza school- Health Ministry |
- European court says CIA ran secret jail in a Polish forest