UPDATE 1-Mexican retailer Walmex 2nd-qtr profit rises 4.3 pct
MEXICO CITY, July 25 (Reuters) - Mexico's biggest retailer, Wal-Mart de Mexico, said on Thursday its second-quarter profit rose 4.3 percent from a year earlier, helped by higher sales.
Second-quarter profit rose to 5.15 billion pesos ($396.6 million) from 4.936 billion pesos a year earlier.
The supermarket chain said revenue increased 2 percent to 100.43 billion pesos for the April-June period, up from 98.5 billion in the same period last year.
Walmex shares were down 1.22 percent at 35.40 pesos per share before market close.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Obama to send 3,000 troops to tackle Ebola
- World stocks hit one-month low, caution ahead of Fed
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Ahead of independence vote, Britain pledges state funding to Scotland