Roche to focus on bolt-on buys, CEO says
ZURICH, July 25
ZURICH, July 25 (Reuters) - Roche will continue to focus on bolt-on acquisitions, its Chief Executive Severin Schwan told reporters, declining to comment specifically on whether the company was considering a bid for Alexion Pharmaceuticals.
Roche has been seeking financing for a potential bid for Alexion, which would mark a shift into treatments for rare diseases.
"As far as our overall innovation strategy is concerned there is no change ... It has always been our strategy to have internal and external innovation," Schwan told reporters.
"There is no change in our strategy, we will continue to focus on bolt on acquisitions."
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |